What a darling family! I wanted to eat their boys up, especially their oldest. I do this trick when kids aren't looking and tell them to find whomever their favorite character is in my camera, for this little guy it was Thomas the Engine. It usually works for about the first two photos then kids pick up on it real quick that I'm full of crap and it's just a dumb camera, but not this one. He kept asking where Thomas was and sincerely thought he was going to see him... "but where, where is he? When's he gonna come out? Why can't I see him?" all the while stepping closer to my lens thinking he was going to catch a glimpse of Thomas. Needless to say I felt pretty bad. Sorry you guys, I lied to your son... but I made up with a sucker, does that make it better?
If anyone has ever read the NieNiedialogues then you know what an incredible wife, mother, sister, daughter, and citizen this woman is. I do not know her nor anyone in her family personally, but through the bloggong world I have become another fascinated lurker (she has A LOT of fans). Stephanie and Christian along with his flight instructor were in a small plane crash that eventually, sadly took the life of the instructor. Stephanie and Christian are in a bad way trying to recover in one of the best burn units in the nation... in the mean time medical bills are piling up and they expect months and months of recovery in this hospital. For all you who don't understand how ridiculous hospitals are... they basically charge you an arm and a leg just to breath if you're admitted for any reason. So to make a point, their cost is going to be well into the millions, yowza! I don't know why, but I have been affected by their story since it happened, I can't get them out of my head. Maybe it's because they are truly and madly in love with each other, but mostly it's because of their four small children, ranging from 1 to 7 that are now staying with other family members in Utah. What would Ella and Claire do without Mark and I? I shutter to think!
SOOOOO to get to the point, I am donating these 5x5 metallic flower prints at an auction at This Etsy Site The sale will be held for two days in September (23&24) so be sure to check it out, it looks like there's going to be a lot of yummy buys. If you want to know more about the Nielsons and their condition go Here and if you want to just flat out donate money click here
Hey everyone, long time not talkie eh? Please forgive my lack of posts lately, you see I am about ready to pop here pretty soon (5 weeks, but it feels like it needs to be today!) and I am finally starting the preparations for our upcoming arrival.
So what's been happening with Miss Kate and her family you ask?
- Last minute vacations before Ella headed off to first grade on Monday. I don't know why, but I hate when my chickens are gone... so I have not looked forward to sending her to school this year. Luckily, she has an awesome and encouraging teacher this year, unlike the last one.
-Little photo shoots here and there... mostly families that I have not blogged about yet, forgive me, they will come. My brother and sister-in-laws new baby and a slew of other personal photos.
- I feel like I'm 10 weeks pregnant again with full blown nausea and sleepiness. I started puking every day again... oh the joy! Seriously? Is it possible to feel normal again? I mean the baby is going to come out and I'm going to feel like I want to have a relationship with food again and not want to sleep the day away? No way!
- We have been in our new home that Ivory Homes built for a year now and we are trying to get all of our warranty issues covered before the month is over... we're talking law-suit at this point. WARNING: Do not ever buy a home through Ivory, contact me via e-mail if you need more information!!!
- Like I said earlier, making preparations for our little guy to join us. We've got to get boy clothes (which are mostly plastered with trucks, animals, or ridiculous sayings, can I just get some stripes?) Diapers, wipes, blankets, stroller, bedding, nursing gear, baby wraps... you get the point.
- Setting up a new web-site to launch in a couple of months.
S0 now the important stuff... I will be accepting family or portrait sessions until about the 15th of September then taking a break for abut 6 weeks, then I will resume doing what I love at the first part of November, right after my favorite holiday! Thanks everyone for understanding.
Meet the Grimshaws!!! Jen is my niece-in-law and I absolutely LOVE her, she gets me laughing when no none else can, she's hilarious. Mark and I love when these guys come to town because they're very easy to get a long with. Tony... hmmm, how do I put this with out sounding like I'm over exaggerating? He is honestly the most laid-back, salt of the earth, coolest guy I've ever been around. He adores his wife and little girls and would do anything for them, and well, they adore him right back. We are all going on a little va-ca next week, I can't wait!