Saturday, March 24, 2007

THE ONE LIGHT WORKSHOP SLC

Where do I begin? The Salt Lake area photographers had such an experience with the man you'll see below... his name? Zack Arias (Air*eee*Us) of Used Film.

Davina Fear hosted the workshop and had been trying to get Zack to come to Utah for months to teach us his magic tricks, and she finally pulled it off. The workshop lasted ALL day, I'm talkin' 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., and it still wasn't enough time. He enlightened me in so many ways, I don't even know where to begin to start. Let's just say, I learned MORE in 16.5 hours of his workshop than I learned in two semesters at BYU. I finally understand the correlation between the aperture and the shutter speed when it comes to studio lighting (in this scenerio, on location lighting). Zack is not a fan of on camera flash and says flash should only be used off camera and in the manual setting function... interesting, I love the idea!

It was such a great day... I am so grateful Zack was able to come... and he's such a cool guy to boot ;) Thanks Zack Arias!