Thursday, January 04, 2007

NEIL AND KATE

Seriously, this was one of the funnest (funnest, is that a word?) weddings I've ever done. When I was at BYU, I had to do a cummunications class for my major and one of the classes I could take to fill the spot was a Newspaper photo class for the Daily Universe. My professor happened to be the head honcho over the Daily Universe at the time, Jim Kelly. All I can say is he was an amazing guy and still is! Sooo good natured and the thing I remember most about him is that he was honest, down to earth, had a broad point of view, always wore a bow tie, and raved and talked about his family whenever he got the chance. You could really tell he loved them more than anything. He has been doing photography and newspaper stuff for a looooong time so I was honored when he asked me to shoot his first daughters wedding and then again for Kate. Now Kate and Neil are really amazing people... quite the activists you could say with a love and laugh for life. They decided to do a masquerad for their reception and 90% of the people that showed up came ready for the ball. So fun. Enjoy.